I am on the board of directors for our neighborhood's HOA. We have 2 big activities each year - a huge 4th of July party and Breakfast with Santa! Breakfast with Santa is so much fun! Volunteers serve breakfast (fruit, sausage, and freshly made pancakes!), kids can take their picture with Santa, write letters to Santa, make a craft, jump in one 0f 3 moonwalks, ride the train, and play in the (manmade) snow! In order to get in, each child needed to bring an unwrapped gift. The gifts go the the Brazoria County Women's Shelter so that the children who have to spend their Christmas in the shelter, will have toys to open on Christmas morning. We also asked people to bring new sheets, towels, and blankets. For someone living in a shelter, somethimg as simple as a brand new set of sheets, just for them, means a lot. I didn't get a lot of pics, because I was manning the "Dear Santa" table, but here's a few!
No comments:
Post a Comment