Saturday, July 3, 2010

Horseshoe Bay

So.... I've decided that we NEED a lake house. Lakes are perfect if you think about it. Clear, cool water? Check. Boats? YUP. Salt? Nope. Jellyfish? Nope. Crabs? Nuh-uh. Sand in your crotch after swimming? No way! See? Lakes are the best!

The hubby and I took a 3 day weekend and headed up to Lake LBJ in the hill country to relax. We stayed at the Marriott Horseshoe Bay resort, which we have been to once before in 2008.

We drove up Saturday morning and stopped in Austin to do the Duck Tour! The duck is a bus AND a boat! Even though we lived in Austin for 4 years, neither one of us had ever done the tour, and we thought it would be fun. The tour starts on 6th street at the Austin Visitors Center, winds around downtown and then heads over to splash into Lake Austin. Everyone on board got their very own "quacker" to quack when we saw something we liked, when we wanted to say hi to people on the street, or when the driver told a good duck joke. It was hilarious!


We got to Horseshoe Bay Saturday evening, and were able to get in a nice, relaxing swim in the lake. Check out my awesome chair! :) We also played putt-putt, went jet-skiing, and ate a lot. :) I told the hubby that if/when we move back to Austin, I'm willing to make HUGE sacrifices to live near the water!




2 comments:

Jessie said...

HA! The duck tour looks awesome!! Let's all move to Austin!! Or just go in on a lake house ;) Glad you both had an awesome weekend away! :)

Melissa Figueroa said...

I went on the duck tour the weekend before you did! Fun times! Oh and Chris would agree with you on the lake house....he LOVES lakes and is not a fan of beaches at all. Happpy Belated Birthdy as well!