A. was able to take all of last week off from work, and take half-days this week. He has been absolutely amazing as a father and a husband. I couldn't ask for a more supportive, patient, loving man to share my life with. He's been a true partner, changing diapers, making dinner, grocery shopping (including nursing and maxi pads!), cleaning the house, singing to Helen, and constantly encouraging me and supporting me as I figure out this mommy thing.
My mom also came to spend a few nights with us, and was absolutely wonderful. It was nice to have someone here who knows how to take care of a baby! The first thing I asked her to do when she got here was make chocolate chip cookies. :) I was craving them, and it just seemed like a comforting thing to do. She also helped with laundry, cooking, cleaning, and holding Helen while mommy and daddy took naps! Most importantly, she was able to come with us to the Emergency Room on Helen's second night home. She hasn't peed in 24 hours, and that paired with the concerns about her kidneys, led our pedi to recommend that we go to the ER. I was pretty much a mess, and was so glad to have my mom their with us. I just feel safer when she's around. :) She also helped document important firsts - like Helen meeting Ruby for the first time (on video!), and Helen's first bath! Thanks Mom!
We've had a few visitors, but not so many that we've been overwhelmed. Helen has had 2 pedi appointments, and one appointment at Texas Children's hospital for follow up testing on her kidneys (ultrasound and VCUG). Her kidneys are still a little dilated, but nothing to be concerned about according to her pedi. We'll do a follow up ultrasound at 6-7 weeks. Whew! I was so worried about her. It was SUCH a relief to her the pedi say that she looks great at her second appointment! She was 9 lbs 7 oz at 1 week and 5 days! My big girl!
We went for a walk today - just down the street to get the mail. She loves the Moby wrap! It's hard to see in this pic, because the wrap is black and so is my shirt. She's snug as a bug!


1 comment:
Oh friend. I am sad that I am just reading this (the past two weeks have been a bit busy,no?) I am so sorry to hear about Helen's trip to the ED. Believe me when I say that I have been there... we took Molly on her second day of life and I was a HUGE mess... coming off hormones, milk coming in, sobbing, new mommy of a mess. I am so happy to hear that the initial tests look okay. We really can't wait to meet Helen! It is sort of funny how alike our girls look right now--- dark hair and dark eyes! Can't wait to see their little personalities grow and develop. Sending love!
Post a Comment