That's what spring and Easter are all about, right? :)
Well, the new job is going well. In case you haven't heard, I'm still working in HR, but I'm no longer at a hospital. I now work for an oilfield services company and support several chemical plants in the Houston/Pasadena area. I just completed my sixth week, and I'm very, very happy! :) It has been quite a culture change - completely switching industries, and going from a female-dominated culture to a male-dominated culture, and from not-for-profit to for-profit, but I feel like I'm settling in well and catching on quickly.
Things that are awesome so far:
- I get to wear jeans 3 days a week, at a minimum. (I actually had to go buy more pairs!)
- The bar is set very high. Everyone that I work with is sharp and very hard working. This is great because it will drive me to be even better at what I do!
- I get to park on-site! (If you've ever had to park off-site and ride a train/bus/shuttle in to work, you will know what a blessing this is!)
- I get to learn about manufacturing. It is a completely different industry, but there are actually a lot of similarities. There is a strong focus on safety and quality, just as in the healthcare world.
- My office (at both locations) has a window! I get to see the outside world! Glorious sunshine!!! (I used to work in a basement).
Other news - I hosted Easter for my family this year! It was the first holiday that A and I have hosted at our house. I was nervous, but I think everything turned out well. We even got to use our china! :) We served ham, green beans amandine, rolls, twice-baked potatoes, fruit, Mississippi Mud Pie, and Key Lime Pie.
Here are some pics of the table. My dad took one once everyone was seated, but I haven't seen it yet.
We are going to Hawaii soon, and we CAN'T WAIT!!! :) I'm so excited to show A. around the island, and we're really looking forward to hanging out with my friend that lives there. YAAAAY!
1 comment:
Gorgeous table setting, so classy and elegant!
Post a Comment