Saturday, January 1, 2011

Has it really been 3 months?

I've been a terrible blogger! And it hasn't been for lack of fun things to blog about, I just haven't made the time. Let's do a quick recap of the last part of 2010!

Thanksgiving was split between seeing A's family in Alice, TX and mine here in Houston. We had a wonderful trip down to south Texas. It was great to be able to spend time with family, and fill up on delicious food! There was menudo and mariachi's, a visit to the Gonzales family cemetery, a visit to the ranch, several of very competitive Uno games, orange picking, and of course, A. and his brother serenaded the entire family with their rendition of "Alice, Tx (Ay, Dios Mio)". They can get pretty silly whenever there's a guitar or keyboard nearby!








My family attending my cousin's wedding in Austin (sans A.) and while I was there, I was able to attend my dear friend Myriah's baby shower! It worked out quite well! Myriah is my friend who used to live in Hawaii! Now she and her hubby live in Colorado, and she is due just a week after me!



My mother graduated from college! I'm SO proud of her! She's worked so hard over the past few years keeping up with her classes, jobs, and family. I don't know how she did it! GO MOM!! :)






Christmas was fantastic. We are so blessed to have 3(!) large, loving families to spend the holidays with. The festivities began with a bbq at A's aunt and uncle's house to celebrate the visit of a long missed cousin!

I don't have any pics to post - but my mother-in-law took some and made a SmileBox. It's cute! There are pics of the beautiful dresses that my MIL got for the baby! This link should work - Christmas Smilebox


Christmas Eve, we made the usual rounds - candlelight service with my family, dinner and gifts with A's mom, then party until midnight (or whenever we get tired!) with A's dad's family. Then is back to my parents house to spend the night, and wake up Christmas morning to open gifts, which is always a ton of fun. We literally spent HOURS opening all the gifts this year! :) Also, with our little one on the way this year was extra special. I received several baby-related gifts this year, including parenting books, our diaper bag, and a gorgeous aquamarine necklace (the baby's birthstone, assuming she's not super early!), and a sweet picture frame from A with both of our pictures and a place for the baby's picture. He made it himself and I just burst into tears when I opened it. I'll save the pic for my next post. ;) The baby even got some gifts herself! She got several cute outfits from her Aunt Jessie and Uncle Carlos, as well as a beautiful handmade dress from Tlacotalpan from A's mom!  It's absolutely gorgeous, and will probably end up on a satin hanger, hanging on the wall in her room! (speaking of her room -nursery pics are coming soon!)




Here's a fun collage of most of my wonderful gifts!

No comments: