This past Sunday Andres and I went to the Houston Theater District Open House! It is a free, all day event to showcase the 2009-2010 upcoming events. It was a great (did I mention FREE) way to spend the afternoon.
Did you know the Houston theater district is the second largest in the country!? (Next to NYC, of course) There's so much going on that it is hard to keep track of everything! The open house was a great way to preview the shows and dance companies and get an idea of which events you want to attend. We were able to see a preview of the TUTS shows (I really want to see South Pacific and The Sound of Music), a preview of the Broadway Across America shows (Mary Poppins here I COME!), the Travesty Dance company and ... drum roll please ...
A free Houston Symphony concert! YAY! (That's $100+ savings) The concert was the best symphony concert I've been to so far. They played 5 pieces from this years concert schedule. The best part was the conductor, Robert Franz, spoke a little about each piece before they played. I felt much more connected to the music and actually listened for specific parts. It was great!
I wish we had time to do the tours of the backstage area at the Alley theater, and see the preview of the Masquerade shows. They are a local company and I've heard their shows are GREAT! I'd love to see Oliver or Jane Eyre.
No comments:
Post a Comment